Everyone knows that airport beer is expensive and of dubious age/quality.
Why pay retail? Follow these ten simple steps to free beer euphoria time:
1) Plan your trip so that you have a monstrous layover. Twelve to fourteen hours should do.
2) Find the sports bar in your arrival terminal (there WILL be a sports bar).
3) Order a Bass Pale Ale (or similar commercially available ale).
4) Taste the Bass. Using your keen, well trained beer diagnostic skills, determine that it clearly isn’t Bass. Report the details to the bartender. Explain how it is sour, so it is either a cheap lager, or a bad keg of Bass.
5) Refuse to send the beer back, claim you’re telling him out of pure courteousness to future patrons.
6) Drink the beer, whatever it is (honestly it tasted a lot like Yuengs). In the meantime the barkeep will be checking the keg/keg connections.
7) Order another beer, something local this time (Brooklyn Pennant Ale, mmmmmmmmmm)
8) Close your tab. Have the bartender apologize for the first beer and tell you it is on the house. Smile.
9) Enjoy the free beer that is now in your stomach.
10) Fly to your destination one beer happier.