I would like to thank all of the wonderful people who took time out of their busy writing schedules of typing words and drinking coffee and swearing at the screen to write for this contest. Every entry has a unique perspective on the provided topics from literal to figurative, fiction to nonfiction, so there should be a little bit of something for every reader.
Voting will be open through next Sunday, May 12, 11:59 PM EST. You only get one vote, so don’t accidentally click on the wrong story. No pressure.
Here are the stories, presented in the order they were received. They are all under 1000 words and there is some really delightful writing in each, so I encourage you to read them all before voting:
- Hitting the Big Time – Melanie Lynn Griffin
- A confession from a bar stool – JC
- The Pale Ale Induced Brutal Hangover – Philip McCollum
- Pale Ale – Baltimore Bistros and Beer
- On the Count of Three – RememberMemories
- “Dubliners” by James Joyce – Melody Wilson
I hope you enjoy reading these as much as I did. Good luck to all!